What to Write About
This part might be easy if you have a busted radiator and you can't drive to work. Get it done and take some photos for your write up.
But sometimes you don't have an emergency like that, so keep in mind topics don't have to be critical repairs. Common maintenance an upgrade articles are in huge demand! No job is too small. Think of it this way - if someone would Google for it, it's worth your time.
Here are some great ideas for articles:
- Oil Change
- Replacing Light Bulbs (Headlights, foglights, brake lights, blinkers)
- Replace an Engine Air Filter
- Replacing often forgotten Cabin Air Filters
- Inspect or Replace Fuel a Filter
- Changing Windshield Wipers
- Testing and Replacing a Battery
- Replacing Brake Pads
- Changing Engine Coolant
- Replacing Spark Plugs
- Changing Transmission Fluid
- Changing Power Steering Fluid
- Inspect/Replace Timing Belt & Other Belts
- Reading and understanding Check Engine Codes
- Car Wash and Detailing Tips
- Checking fluid levels (Windshield washer fluid, coolant, brake, clutch)
One final note: Don't be too concerned if other how-to guides already exist for your project. Add your own tips, perhaps your personal touch will help someone who got stuck on an existing how-to.