Change The Headlight Bulbs on a Ford Escape
The headlight bulbs are pretty easy to change on the Ford Escape. This guide has everything you need to confidently change your headlight bulbs in the driveway.
- High Beam Bulb 9005 Philips Standard, Philips Vision, Philips VisionPlus Sylvania Silver Star Ultra
- Low Beam Bulb H11 Philips Standard, Philips Vision, Philips VisionPlus Sylvania Silver Star Ultra
- Brake Light Bulb 3157 Sylvania
- Reverse Bulb 921 Sylvania
- License Plate Bulb 168 Sylvania
- Side Marker Bulb 168 Sylvania
- Tail Light Bulb 3157 Sylvania
- Front Turn Signal Bulb 7440A Sylvania
- Rear Turn Signal Bulb 7440A Sylvania
- Fog light bulb 9145/H10 Philips Standard Sylvania, Sylvania Silver Star
Open the hood
Pull the hood latch release lever under the dash.
Release the latch and prop the hood open.
Remove the Headlight Bulb
Locate the bulb you need to replace. High beam bulbs are closer to the middle of the car while the low beam lights are closer to the outer edges.
Remove the rubber cap covering the headlight bulb.
Rotate the bulb counter-clock wise to remove from the housing.
Disconnect the electrical connector from the bulb.
Install the new bulb
Clip the new bulb into the plug and insert into the headlight housing.
Do not touch the new bulb's glass with your fingers - the natural oils on them can shorten the bulb's life.
Test The Bulb
Go ahead and turn on the lights to make sure the new bulb works.
Replace the rubber cap on the back of headlight housing and close the hood when you're done.
Rotate clock wise to lock the bulb in place.